The Pink Rabbit
(want to read the old
Manifestos for some weird reason-click
here for the original or Here
for the 2002 version or the 2004
present, we are NOT accepting fiction submissions.
I'm hoping to somewhere in the future and so am
updating the Manifesto with that in mind, but no
timetable currently exists for opening submissions.
regarding Xena fanfic
Email: (substitute the appropriate symbols and remove
at gmail dot com
to the Manifesto
Welcome to the semi- new, updated
Manifesto. A lot has changed in the years that the
site has been up, a lot has been added and things
have been redesigned more than once, but it's still here and the rules
for submission are still pretty much the same. As
for the purpose of the site, it too has remained
largely unchanged. I'm still hoping to avoid being
too intensely pretentious (and I'm still sure that
you, the readers, will help in this endeavor). Past
that, the site's still about fanfiction with strong
female images and a special emphasis on
female/female romantic fanfiction. (note: as of
7-29-99 we will not be accepting Xena fanfiction--to read the announcement click
does this mean for you, the viewer?
Well, funny you should ask that,
because, among other things, it means we're looking
for submissions. In short, you could be part of the
consortium. Now before you freak at the notion of
not getting anything but group credit for your
brilliance. Relax, only the webmaster and associated
helpers has to give up personal identity for the
hive mind. Contributors are allowed to keep
their personal identities.
A note regarding artwork
submissions: at present, outside artwork is not
kind of Submissions are wanted for the Site?
requirements are at the end of the page)
- Fiction with strong women in lead
roles (G through R ratings)
- Well structured plots, good writing and
- Beta reading is strongly recommended.
- Humor, action, adventure, and all those good
- Willingness to be edited and proofed.
- Finished stories. For a whole lot of reasons,
stories won't be posted in parts. I slacked off
on this rule for a time, and ended up with a lot
of unfinished Buffy stories, so it's pretty hard
and fast now.
- Romantic Rules of the road.
- Romantic/sexual relationships that are
integral to the story.
- Relationships that build in realistic
logical ways, as opposed to two people just
suddenly realizing they have to strip their
clothes off, and boff each other right now,
for no apparent reason. This is a firm rule.
- Erotica that's more than just sex. Those
nasty old emotion thingies are important, so
this is also a firm rule.
- Reasonably believable relationships. This
means if you want to do something
outrageous, you may have to work to make it
believable. Which is not to say, it can't be
done, but if Gabrielle and Callisto abruptly
look at each other in the middle of fight,
and proclaim their love, you'll have to pull
something impressive out of your sleeve to
make it work.
- Most fandoms welcome, including but not
limited to those listed below
- Bad Girls
- Battlestar Galactica
- CSI (all incarnations)
- Doctor Who (and all spinoffs)
- Guiding Light
- Law and Order (all incarnations)
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Things that won't
- Hard Core Pornography. An overabundance of
four letter words and emotionless sex just
aren't our thing.
- PWPs. Stories that are just short excuses for
explicit sex with little emotional bonding and
- Male/Male slash--I have nothing against it,
nor the people who create it, but bluntly put,
it doesn't float any boats around here, plus
there are lots and lots of places to read and
publish it on the web. If you've stumbled into
Pink Rabbit in search of a place to read or
publish m/m slash, we will gladly point you in
the right direction, but this rule will not
- Brutal rape (particularly between lead
characters). A little slap and tickle bondage is
fine, and the spectre of sexual threat can be an
effective storytelling device, but for various
reasons, this line will not
be crossed on this site.
- Stories with real people (celebrity or
- Stories with no strong female characters, or
stories in which they get to walk on and walk
off. The boys have lots of places to play, but
this isn't one of them.
- Mary Sue stories -- These are stories where an
original character is just a thin cover for the
author's own fantasies of putting themselves
into the situation. Invariably far too perfect,
Mary Sue's are the real center of the story, and
tend to be smarter, faster, stronger, wittier,
etc than everyone else and wind up romantically
involved with the lead character/s of their
choice, while being worshipped and adored by the
rest of the cast, and ultimately saving the day.
- Sex involving any underaged
Now, that wasn't so
hard, was it? Now, that you've made your way through
my babbling efforts at laying things out, hopefully
you still want to get involved. If you're
interested, drop me a line.
- Please include the following information with
- Email: (this is really important--things
do get lost or deleted sometimes and without
this, I can't find you)
- Summary: (1 sentence)
- Spoiler or Other Information: (As needed)
- RTF (Rich Text File) format is preferred for
submissions. It will save your formatting,
doesn't transmit viruses, and is easiest for us
to work with. When you save your file, choose
Save As and select rtf. We can read most other
formats if for some reason you can't save as
rtf. Please, don't save as html. For some
reason, that always seems to cost more time than
it's intended to save (many long and boring
- Do not indent (it won't work in html). Instead
space once between paragraphs, and use word
wrap. This will create the most reliable
transfer of your paragraph formatting.
- Insert some kind of break indicator between
scenes. The default on this site is six stars
with a space between each. * * * * *
- Make sure to spell check and proof your
document. Beta readers are also wonderful
- Lastly, make sure to include the name you wish
on the story and an email address in the file,
so we know how to contact you, if your mail is
lost or destroyed.
- Pink Rabbit Productions
- The Pink Rabbit Consortium